Spiders

• Normal quota here - both indoors and out - a glass or clear plastic tub and a piece of stiff paper are all the tools you need to move your spiders about.
    As Fairygirl says, those found indoors are just that - indoor spiders.  Hoofing them outside is somewhat unkind - tantamount to shoving your Granny out on the street  ;)  
  • It's strange this year hardly any spiders ,and not many Dragon flies either .normally have lots of both ,and I have never seen so much fungi about when I have been out with the dog.glad everyone else has spiders was thinking last summer's heatwave had something to do with our lack
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,023
    edited October 2019
    Perhaps they've just been playing hide and seek with you @Dennis Dobson ;)
    Just one of those things- same with all insects/birds ect - some years they'll be more plentiful than others.
    @philippa smith2- I think youngest daughter would happily shove her granny out into the street  ;)
    We had a lovely little web on the back steps handrail this morning. Not sure if it was drippy after the frost melted or from the following fog. Pretty though  :)

That is a very beautiful spider @Singing Gardener :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 57,551
    We had our usual quota of dragonflies and damsels here ... the big ones often fly through the garden door and through the house, getting caught up in the slats of the wooden blinds at the big west-facing window and have to be rescued. 

I thought the garden orbs seemed to start here a bit earlier than usual but there don’t seem to be as many about now. 🕷 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• We've got huge numbers of spiders. I was hard pressed to find a path through the garden that didn't cross through a spiders web.

There's 10 orb weavers living on the outside of our windows (facing garden) and lots more in the rest of the garden.
  • Don't know what's happened this year normally have lots of both  .usually have dragonflies hatch in  the pond but not this year  .strange
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,867
    I didn't get bitten at all this year. Didn't need to use asss at all. Haven't seen a daddy longlegs either.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,041
    B3 said:
    I didn't get bitten at all this year. Didn't need to use asss at all. Haven't seen a daddy longlegs either.
    They're all here. I've never seen so many of them in my life. Clouds of them
    Devon.
  • I live virtually on thameside nature reserve in thurrock Essex and usually see hundreds of Dragonflies but not so many this year .Don't know where the spiders have gone it's a real shame.but have family in Bletchley and they haven't got many either
  • Thank you for letting me know @Fairygirl I never realised that any wild animals would actually prefer staying inside rather than hanging out in the garden. 
    What can they possibly eat inside? I remove spider webs regularly (though not as often as I should), and I never see any prey in them. How do those poor things survive?
     I still wouldn’t want those big black ones inside our house - would they survive in the shed?