Spiders

Hi has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a lot less garden spiders this year .if so any thoughts as to why .cheers

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    Hi has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a lot less garden spiders this year .if so any thoughts as to why .cheers
    Yes I'm in between 2 homes, 1 in Tamworth and one in Birmingham. The Tamworth home is in the country and has massive spiders every year but this year we've only had 1. The Birmingham home is in the middle of a housing estate and has a lot more spiders which is smaller but more plentiful. This year we've had maybe 5 or 6 which is way down on normal figures 
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,524
    Come to think of it, you're right. just a couple of huge ones in the bath so far. i think when it gets misty we'll spot some more webs outside. 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,379
    No shortage here going on the number of huge webs being spun between planters and wall or anything the spider can hang onto to😁 
    North East
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,688
    Loaded with spiders here too. We had hardly any last year but I think that was due to tits nesting in the garden that relied on them for chick food. This year I guess there were more caterpillars available and the spiders got a break. Just a theory but there do seem to be a lot of spiders around this year.
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,651
    Can hardly move for spiders, here! Keep walking into new webs in the greenhouse.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,966
    Loads here  - as is the norm  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• I'm in Essex and we normally have loads but this year hardly any .same as my friends  in london  .
  • We seem to have a normal amount, just like every year (Surrey).  Still when I see one inside I carefully catch it and release it in the garden.  Same applies to all creepy crawlers. 
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    I'm a big girls blouse when it comes to the big spiders. They get sprayed and sucked up the vacuum 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,966
    The ones you find indoors - are indoor spiders though @Big Blue Sky
    They have quite sad lives too  :(

I usually move them into a different cupboard when I see them, in case youngest daughter gets twitchy. I love the noise they make running across the wooden floor when they come out for a prowl around  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....