Bird feeder observation

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,037
    As long as they aren't sharing supplies with the Chinese restaurant @wild edges....

Mind you - all just protein isn't it?   ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,013
    Has anyone bred their own mealworms?  I’m tempted must be cheaper than buying them. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 Posts: 10,888
    I've accidentally bred flour mites😝. I'm totally paranoid about them now and always check the flour to see if it moves.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,052
    I had those last year B3 - gross. I'm likewise paranoid.
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,888
    It never goes away. I keep my flour in an airtight container and only buy from shops with a high turnover.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • HexagonHexagon Posts: 962
    I’ve never had those flour mites even in bags I’ve had for years. Just rolled shut, never airtight containers or anything.
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    Lyn said:
    Has anyone bred their own mealworms?  I’m tempted must be cheaper than buying them. 
    They are only £1 a bag for quite a few
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,037
    I think Edd used to do it @Lyn, but he's disappeared, and I can't remember how he did it. 
    My sister used to get flour beetles in a previous house. You don't notice once they're cooked... :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,013
    Those flour mites are horrible. Somehow they can get out of the container and walk around your cupboards. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 57,601
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh