Forum home Plants

Bargain basement plants

• Well done - you just added a bit more fuel ;)
    Unfortunately the Potting Shed is not immune either.
  • B3B3 Posts: 14,433
    It's very brown. What would you do with it? I cant think of much that would go with it.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 33,225
    I think yellows and oranges would look good with it - especially late summer/early autumn. Daisy type plants - heleniums etc, and things like crocosmias. Whites too - like echinaceas. 

The only thing i'd say is - I seem to remember that site being shown to be a bit poor, but don't quote me on that. If I could find that thread about the Good Guys - it may have been on that...
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• About to say the same as Fairy - could be a goodie at £5 but I'd like to see it in the flesh before handing over my money.  
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,836
    edited October 2019
    I'm sorry... You would have to pay me to have that Photinia in my garden! 'Crunchy' indeed, it looks diseased!
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,836
    It's also not really a bargain. That site looks overpriced across the board.
  • Well, that's sorted that out then :D

There are some online retailers who do supply what they promise but away from them,it's always a gamble.

IME, "Bargains" are best picked up where you can actually see them and assess the possibilities. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,338
    @Hexagon 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 33,225
    edited October 2019
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hexagon said:
    Deffo not a bargain but I'm sure someone must've understood what I was trying to do ;)
    Tried and tested method on various threads - not always successful :D

A matter of Evolution - takes a bit of time.  My mouth is firmly zipped - hopefully :p  Hope that's the right emoji