Forum home The potting shed

Downside of paper envelopes for GW magazine.

The latest issue of GW was delivered in the pouring rain.  It's impossible for the postie to keep everything dry in those conditions and I have ended up with a somewhat soggy and very wrinkly magazine.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,980
    I had a questionnaire emailed to me a few days after receiving MH mag in a paper wrap last month ... hopefully you will too, then you can feed back 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,428
    To be fair most mail has been delivered in paper envelopes for decades. It's pretty much in the job description to deliver it all without getting it wet. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but Royal Mail are at fault not the packaging.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 34,390
    I'd agree @wild edges. Sometimes it's impossible for the posties to keep stuff completely dry.
    I've often had very wet 'deliveries', to the point where the whole thing falls apart, because it just can't be avoided.

At least, that's what I tell the leccy company if I haven't paid the bill.... ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,138
    edited September 2019
    I have a Lakeland catalogue delivered here and it has no packaging at all (paper or plastic),just my address printed on the back cover.The cover is thicker paper than the rest of the catalogue but has never arrived creased (or even wet)!
    Junk mail also seems to arrive clean,dry and uncreased,so I think sometimes we may wrap where it is not really necessary.
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings