Strictly 2019

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,761
    Never watch the group dance.  It's always embarrassing and far too fast and flicky with the camera.   If Anneka can't even clap in time Kevin has his work cut out.  Good luck to him.

Not bothered about the pairings either tho I'm pleased to see Johannes as a pro this year.  What does interest me is how hard the celebs work and how well the professionals manage their training and choreographies and then the judges' comments.   As ever, I hope they are going to mark intelligently and not hand out 8s and 9s from the start as there'll be nowhere for the celebs to go and no-one is that good from zero.  I hope Bruno can stay in his chair a bit longer this year.

Interesting to watch the judges dancing.   The two women clearly know their stuff but my goodness Bruno and Craig looked wooden and "all mouth and no trousers" by comparison.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • I always record it too AnniD, same reason🤣
    Yes shame that chap hurt his foot, think they should get someone else to take his place too. 
    I would imagine Anneka will be the first out 😉
  • LucidLucid Posts: 328
    Didn't watch the launch show but I'll be trying to watch it when they properly start up. Just thought I'd chirp in as earlier I was reading a write up on each celebrity on the BBC news site and under Anneka's profile it was mentioned that she had fallen over recently and her back was very badly bruised etc. Perhaps she was signed off from taking part in the launch show as it was filmed in advance and she was still too injured to do much at that point. There's another contestant, Jamie I think, who appeared in the launch show but is actually out of the show now because of a foot injury - saw that on the news site recently.

Lucid :)
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,735
    edited September 2019
    Yes, I heard that tonight's show was pre-recorded Lucid. Didn't know Anneka had hurt her back.

Craig has had hip replacements on both his hips though, so don't think he was that bad really. Thought Shirley was amazing. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,187
    Apparently there is going to be a replacement partner for Oti, possibly to be announced tomorrow. 
    The replacement is Kelvin Fletcher,  who played Andy Sugden in Emmerdale .
    I have heard of him, although I haven't watched Emmerdale for years.
    Never the same since they dropped the word "Farm" from the title....
  • I remember when Kelvin Fletcher wer now't but a lad now he's a big burly bloke, the bookies had Emily Atack as favourite to take Jamie Laing's place I don't quite know how that would work?
  • mikeymustardmikeymustard Posts: 62
    edited September 2019
    I'm so looking forward to the double whammy of Strictly and the rugby world cup - my idea of heaven! 
    Yes, over the years I've tired of the producers' obvious meddling, the ott reactions, and the anonymity of the slebs, but as crass and trashy as it is, I cant help but love it (that's strictly I'm talking about)!
    The only thing that would've made it better is if in his intro, Chris Ramsay had said he was only in it to snog a fit dancer.... what, too soon? :)  
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 57,548
    Did anyone else think that Jamie looked a little less than heartbroken when he did his piece to camera about having to withdraw?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Maybe he was being a brave little soldier. But Oti didn't look as devastated as l'd expected ! 
    Kelvin Fletcher has certainly grown up from "little Andy Sugden"....