Strictly 2019

So, it's back again for another year, who's watching? 

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,491
    Me Lily, me ☺️☺️.   Same opinions about the screaming and over top reactions, but I still love it.   I thought you’d be watching.☺️
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,945
    Still working my way through the launch show , but some good pairings so far !
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,664
    Hehe RB, 😉
    Yes, the over the top reactions again🙄
    But hopeful for Anton this year🤗🤞
  • 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,491
    SGL.  Did you notice that Anneka Rice wasn’t in the group dance, but mysteriously appeared in the line up at the end.   Iv rewound it several times and she wasn’t dancing. Yes, fingers crossed for Anton.  
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 967
    This is the first time I have watched it a little bit. It is too noisy and I have no idea who the celebrities are. ☹️. When do they actually dance?
    SW Scotland
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,874

I'm watching too, I always enjoy it. OH isn't keen anymore, Darcey Bussell isn't in it.

Glad Anton has a young partner for a change.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Over-hyped.  Lots of hip wiggling etc etc from the professional dancers - fewer ballroom moves.  I have no idea who most of the celebs are - but it will probably shake down, as usual, to the talented few who, come the final few weeks, make it all worth while.  Celebrity status doesn't matter when it comes down to actual dancing talent.
    Ooh no I didn't RB, will have a look. Glad I recorded it 😉
    No, she's definitely not in the group dance. How very strange, she did say that she's never ever danced. Bit daft her doing the show,  If she can't even take part in the group dance. Wonder how she got away with that😂
    I'm going to miss Darcy too Lizzie.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,945
    I was convinced Anton was going to get Anneka ! 
    I think they dance on 21st September @Purplerain , next week is a programme about the professional dancers and their highlights on the show, which might give some idea of what goes on !
    Over the years, the celebrities usually include someone from Eastenders, someone from BBC Breakfast, sports people, someone more "mature" shall we say, and someone from Radio 1.
    This year is no exception 😁
    The thing is that as the weeks go by, you get to know more about them and their personalities,  so even if you don't know who they are, it doesn't really matter.
    I know what you mean about the noise though ! I have watched it from the very start, and it's changed a heck of a lot since then.
    I always record it so l can fast forward through the annoying bits and concentrate on the dance and the judges comments,  also useful for rewinding where necessary! 
    @1Runnybeak1 you're right,  l couldn't see Anneka anywhere until the end. Very odd.
    Are they giving Oti a replacement partner ?