Fungi infection

hi, I have a weeping willow tree that is 18 months old. Until recently it has been green and healthy. Last month it developed a fungi infection, there are spots on the leaves and they are curling and dying. I have also discovered my lawn is covered in mushrooms. I wonder if the two things are related or just do incidence. I can’t find any treatment for the tree and I have been to garden centres and hardware shops so I think it might die. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

many thanks Melanie 

• CeresCeres Posts: 1,823
    Hi Melanie,
    Without a photo of the tree or the mushrooms it is difficult to know what ails your tree but the RHS has some information on fungal diseases of willows. https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=575

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,261
    I’m pretty sure that fungal conditions on leaves are unrelated to fungi in lawns. Different sorts of fungi ... there are thousands of sorts. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• mel2tierneymel2tierney Posts: 3
    edited 16 August
    Dove from above, Thank you, that’s reassuring. I was worried the infection was spreading and I was going to lose all my garden
  • mel2tierneymel2tierney Posts: 3
    edited 16 August
    ceres this a picture of the tree, 4 weeks ago it was lush green and healthy
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,650
    Hi @mel2tierney. Willows need copious amounts of water, so there's a good chance it's struggling a bit, if you're in an area where it's been dry. There comes a point when shrubs drop leaves to help sustain themselves.
    It's hard to tell from your photo what size it is, but it looks quite big, so would need a lot. If there's lots of other planting nearby, that causes competition for water too. If you remove all the yellowing and damaged leaves, that will help. 
    If you can do a couple more photos of the wider area etc, that will also help with any further advice.  Of course, there could be a fungal problem there, but the more info you can provide the better. :)

Mushrooms in grass at this time of year are not unusual, so don't worry  unduly about those  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....