Half hour gardeners world

Why has gardeners world gone back to half and hour when it first happen I thought it was a one off but next weeks is the same 

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,449
    If the quality of last week's programme is anything to go by, half an hour is 35 minutes too long.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,403
    I disagree. 

But anyway, @Jason milly, the next hour long programme is on 13 September. 

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,227
    I suppose because August is a slow month. They certainly seemed to be struggling for content.
  • karen paulkaren paul Posts: 230
    I have set a series link on gardeners world so that it records all the programmes for me, there seemed to be an extra one shown on a Wednesday (I don't think Monty was in it though) aswell as the Friday edition. And one on a Sunday but that could have been a repeat from Friday which the TiVo box doesn't normally do but maybe it's having a moment. I thought maybe they're trialling different presenters or times or something. I can't check now because i deleted them after watching. I must say I feel disappointed with just  a half hour programme to get my gardening fix when it's raining non stop outside but I think there are some Britain in Bloom programmes available on catch-up so maybe I'll watch those :/
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,403
    I think they were repeats - there was an episode on a Wednesday a week or two.ago. My TiVo series link is set to New Only, and didn't record any extras. 
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,169
    I think the one hour thing was an experiment originally, but it's obviously got enough ratings for them to keep doing it - albeit intermittently.

I rarely watch it at all now, but it's still set to record, and I watched last week's out of curiosity as so many people were slagging it off.
    I've got to say - I think the lady who was colour coordinated with her plot was delightful, and while her garden wouldn't be for me, it was patently obvious within about thrity seconds that she'd been unwell and the garden was her salvation. That proved to be the case and it was clear what it meant to her.
    I've been there and done that, and although it's always easy to moan about the content, everyone's garden is their salvation in it's own way. 

Can't remember sod all about the rest of the programme though!  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,006
    It’s a programme that’s made weekly ... production crew have families and holidays too ... summer is a time when such folk are in high demand ... sports,  festivals and shows and other outdoor events either recorded or broadcast live. The BBC is always being told to cut its budget ... freelance crew are expensive. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AstroAstro Posts: 56
    Fairygirl said:
    I think the one hour thing was an experiment originally, but it's obviously got enough ratings for them to keep doing it - albeit intermittently.

I rarely watch it at all now, but it's still set to record, and I watched last week's out of curiosity as so many people were slagging it off.
    I've got to say - I think the lady who was colour coordinated with her plot was delightful, and while her garden wouldn't be for me, it was patently obvious within about thrity seconds that she'd been unwell and the garden was her salvation. That proved to be the case and it was clear what it meant to her.
    I've been there and done that, and although it's always easy to moan about the content, everyone's garden is their salvation in it's own way. 

Can't remember sod all about the rest of the programme though!  :D
    I thought both of the ladies seemed lovely.I saw the love and enthusiasm in them for their gardens and the results it produced. 
    The thought that they could  have read the comments on here somewhat saddened me, though everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I suppose if anyone presents their art (whatever form it takes) to the public they are opening it up to judgement, good, bad or indifferent.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,424
    The ladies' gardens weren't particularly to my taste, but were obviously well-loved and cared for.  And it made a welcome change from the jungle/tropical gardens that they kept covering earlier in the year.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,169
    I'm not ashamed to admit I had a lump in my throat listening to, and watching, that lady I was talking about.
    My experience was that I was going through a very difficult time, and once I delivered my young children to school, the garden was my total salvation. It kept me sane for a very long time until I came out the other end. I've subsequently gone through another difficult stage, and again, creating an outdoor space [and my beloved hills]  saved me.

The healing properties of just being outside in our wonderful landscapes, urban, rural or otherwise,  are difficult to ignore  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....