Anyone else get rashes after brushing up against some plants?

Whenever my skin brushes up against strawberry or wall flower leaves I get red marks that are slightly itchy with a slight burning sensation. It doesn't last too long, though the marks (sometimes raised) take a day to fade completely. 

If anyone knows what I'm referring to, what do you take to ease the itchy/burning sensation? :)

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,129
    Daily non drowsy anti-histamine and cortisone cream applied as necessary.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • CopperdogCopperdog Posts: 292
    Phlomis Russelliana for me.  When I'm collecting the seed heads up in Spring it makes me sneeze like mad.  
  • 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,484
    Lleylandii brings my arms out in an angry red rash.   It goes away after a day or so.  I don’t take anything for it.  
  • AlliumPurpleSensationAlliumPurpleSensation Kent Posts: 123
    edited 14 August
    I have a  contact allergic reaction to any plant with hairy leaves! Particularly lambs ear which insists on growing in my garden!

I just take an antihistamine if it gets too itchy.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,690
    Laylandii does that for me as well. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,682
    I had some weird itchy lumps like nettle rash after brushing past a teasel this week.
  • Anna33Anna33 Posts: 75
    Verbena bonariensis for me. First I start itching, then get the nettle-like lumps come up. But the irritation goes after a couple of hours.
  • PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 434
    edited 15 August
    Junipers and Aloe vera both make me itch and give me skin rashes.  Ironic that aloe vera gel is supposed to "soothe" skin.  :o I get it so bad from juniper I had to remove 5 large, well-established juniper bushes at the front of my house on the TX Gulf Coast and replace them with Indian Hawthorne. 
    My low-carb recipe site:www.buttoni.wordpress.com
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,539
    I always have itchy hands and arms after picking runner beans ... but it passes off after a little while. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,551
    I get that with leylandii and viper’s bugloss - but neither are as bad as giant hogweed, which left my legs permanently scarred. Serve me right for wearing shorts for clearing undergrowth.