Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Full of ideas and plans but not enough energy to do more than deadheading and watching OH trying to did out a Bottle Brush tree that is in the wrong place.  Luckily we also have one in the right situation that is thriving.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478
    Allotment , late afternoon , pruned apples trees and buddleia  , a couple of fence post snapped in yesterday’s wind , did a temporary repair . Burning pile at allotment getting bigger 
    O/H Trimmed leafs off g/h toms , garden bit nearly full again    
  • Slightly wet, grey day so not done much. Watered my rowan tree, staked a foxglove illumination pink that had totally flopped over! Then sulked because one of my first year foxgloves, the rosette had totally come off and left the root in the ground!?

Hoping for some sun this week so I can get more done. 
  • Logan4Logan4 Posts: 2,590
    Picked a lot of blueberries, so far I've picked 18 lb. All go in freezer and have a few for breakfast every day.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478
    Hello , the sun came out this afternoon ,  so a good couple of hours in garden main jobs , trimmed 2 lavender bushes & a honeysuckle 
    Garden bin now full 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim Posts: 5,287
    Picked over two pounds of Roma tomatoes, which are now sauce, and made a banana cake while I was at it. Other than that just watering. Yes then it rained.🙄
  • YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066
    Planted some primroses, a Geranium, a Stokesia and a Phlox.  Did some deadheading and weeding and thats about it. 
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,494
    It was dry today so am still beavering away at trying to get the ground levelled for new outdoor potting table which should be arriving soon. Levelling is difficult when the ground slopes in two directions so doing it the easy way by hand on my hands and knees - yes, I know I should dig it all out and put hardcore etc down first but I haven't the strength or the energy at the moment.
    North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy Posts: 6,774
    Too wet for anything today.
    AB Still learning

• OH shredded some woody bits that had come down from the trees in the recent windy weather and also gave the compost heaps a bit of a nudge with added rotted leaves, horse manure and some barrows of soil left over from a previous project.  I dead headed, lightly prunes and tweaked here and there. Made plans to move a shrub to another more permanent place in a month or two.