Can anyone ID this fern please?

BikerBiker Posts: 2,128
Hi all.
Below  is a picture from our garden in old house. At bottom left corner you will see a Bergenia surrounded by  a small leaved fern. This fern died off over winter and came back  following year. We thought it was a Maidenhair fern but not sure. Could it be Adaintum tenerum “ scutum Roseum” ? We would  like to try and find one to plant in our new garden. Has anyone any ideas please? Thanks. 

North East

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,989
    Sorry Hazel but it does not look like any fern I know and most Maidenhair ferns are not hardy.
    This is Adiantum aleuticum which IS a hardy Maidenhair fern but I don't think it looks like yours.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,547
    Any chance of a better close up picture of the fern on its own?
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,755
    Adiantum venustum is closer... but it looks more like a Corydalis or something in the picture!
  • BikerBiker Posts: 2,128
    edited 13 August
    Thanks  @LB and  @fidgetbones - can’t take another pic as it was at old house. Will see if OH has a clearer picture. LB, definitely not a maidenhair fern from that picture.
    @WillDB, I’ll take a look at the Corydalis. Thanks, will let you know😁
    North East
    @WillDB, it’s not a corydalis, the leaves aren’t the same. I’m now wondering if it could be something like a grass with very small delicate roundish leaves?
    North East
    Did it have flowers at all? I am thinking Thalictrum dipterocarpum which are very fine and wafty in a border.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
    @fidgetbones, I think it had tiny delicate white flowers and yes, it was the sort of plant that swished about on the breeze. Not quite sure about thalictrum as can’t find a decent picture online of the leaves. Is this pic any better? 
    North East
    Here we go- have found another pic-

North East
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,436

Hazel-1 said:
    @fidgetbones, I think it had tiny delicate white flowers and yes, it was the sort of plant that swished about on the breeze. Not quite sure about thalictrum as can’t find a decent picture online of the leaves. Is this pic any better? 
    If it had flowers then it can't be a fern. Possibly one of the white-flowered corydalis? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=white+corydalis&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9lNTFgYDkAhXLX8AKHT8ZBUUQ_AUIEigC&biw=1160&bih=582 

Thalictrum delavayi album?