A serious 220V leaf vacuum for loose bamboo leaves on a gravel garden? £100 or so?

2»

• glasgowdanglasgowdan Posts: 564
    Is it possible to blow the leaves right over to the lawn? That's what I'd be aiming for. 
  • Mike160304Mike160304 Posts: 66
    It's a problem with this geaglasgowdan said:
    Is it possible to blow the leaves right over to the lawn? That's what I'd be aiming for. 
    Thank you for your comment, the thinking is good, but the gravel garden is surrounded on 3 sides by a trellis fence except for 2 small entrance gaps.

Also, the bamboo and therefore the leaves are 90% along the 4th side, a tall inter-properties fence.

So it's hands and knees for the moment, but I have other ideas and if they get anywhere, I'll pass it on.

• Mike160304Mike160304 Posts: 66
    A 'shop vac would do, wet and dry gives for wider usage. For outide and for workshop use I'd get a 110V one (that's centred to earth (CTE) so maximum touch voltage in case of fault is 55v) and a transformer with a couple of outlets, then it's good for proper power tools too.

A 'shop vac would do, wet and dry gives for wider usage. For outide and for workshop use I'd get a 110V one (that's centred to earth (CTE) so maximum touch voltage in case of fault is 55v) and a transformer with a couple of outlets, then it's good for proper power tools too.

Thank you for your suggestions, but my workshop vac has 30mm ID hose so it is useless for leaves.

Re outdoors I am not bothered about voltage, I only do leaves when the garden is very dry.

The point is that no-one seems to have knowledge of a leaf vacuum that will reliably remove bamboo leaves from gravel, without costing loads of money.

The modestly prices blower vacuums tend to blow leaves well (that's the easy bit) but are very iffy for vacuuming leaves off gravel.