Pretty but what's it called

Just come back from a 5 week holiday had a nice surprise in our garden 8 pots of a very pretty flower see the pics and rack your brains and post your suggestions please gardeners.I checked all my seed packets , new varieties I bought this season and my own saved seeds I collect and dry every late summer earlier  can't come up with anything and I checked my gardening diary , stumped ! 

• Valleys girlValleys girl Wales Posts: 65
    P.s it's the orange flower
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,554
    Some kind of Poppy maybe?
    Very nice whatever it is!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Jacqueline29Jacqueline29 Posts: 337
    It looks to me like an orange cosmos. 

https://www.gardenia.net/plant/cosmos-sulphureus-cosmic-orange
    Yep we remembered now my oh sowed the seeds really early in the season ,he fancied a new colour instead of white purity or sensation he said they hadn't germinated, we do sow lots of different varieties got them mixed up, as you do! , thanks Jacqueline you just jogged our memory great ! 
    And thankyou to you Hazyb, that explains how they survived as the buff says they are drought tolerant. Our granddaughter came and turned the sprinkler on as we had gathered all our pots together in one place on the gravel spot but the Cosmos were slightly out of range for the sprinkler. No need for sprinkler here in S.E Wales the last few days  .