Spoilt garden views

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,341
    Puzzle007 said:
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for quick response and yes planning went in but nothing if that building resembles the plans when it comes to measurements.
    He his having pan tiles which had now changed to slate being delivered, clearly he now understands the whole of the build won’t take the weight of pan tiles without a double skin.
    Only half of it had cross beams so it’s going to be used for something bigger to be using full height of roof (crafty)
    Now the big surprise coming tomorrow!!! Building control coming first thing and hopefully the lot will be part demolished.
    People like this think they can slip through the councils nets. He’d been badgering on for my hedge to come down well not in this life of mine, so he’d no roof for guttering either 😂
    The builder told him he couldn’t go higher has it won’t hold a pitch roof so what does he do .... puts another layer of blocks anyway.
    This surely to be good read next week and plenty of photos 😂
    It looks like a normal sized garage to me although the use really has nothing to do with it as long as the use is part of the normal domestic workings of the house. Garage, home office, summer house, place for their son to practice his drumming, it's all acceptable in planning terms. Whether they use the roof space or not isn't 'crafty', it just makes sense.
    The weight of any roof is taken on the inner skin of a house. That single skin of dense concrete block wall would support a 3 storey wall with pan tiles so I imagine the change was aesthetics or cost rather than structure. I'm not sure why you thought calling the Building Control officer out was necessary but I imagine you're just wasting his time I'm afraid. If you think it has breached the planning approval then you need to call the planning enforcement officer who would deal with that. You must have had the oppotunity to object to the planning application though so I imagine they didn't consider your objections especially valid if it was still granted permission.
    In all honesty you seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill here. Have a sit down and a cup of tea and worry about Brexit or something instead.

Exactemundo
    Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,004
    @wild edges is right. You're notified, and can put in an objection, and even if you do object, it isn't always considered valid. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Puzzle007Puzzle007 Posts: 116
    Good morning all
    Great response from building control it’s got to be a flat roof and notice is getting served 😂😊😊😂
    Nothing on his plans are anything like the build but I guess that’s a result of the town not having a building control officer in the department .....yes no one !!!!(cost and funds)
    So be warned this area will soon be clamped down on.
    He may have won the battle but not the WAR!!!!!!!!!

Planning enforcement  came first thing 8am and took him half hour to make final STOP BUILD 
    absolutely not been a waste of time and will be videoing the demolition of it .
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,199
    I think this will come back to bite you.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Don’t think so he’s a Christian who breaks all rules 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,004
    Puzzle007 said:
    and will be videoing the demolition of it .
    You seem to be enjoying this rather a lot  :/

I'm not sure what his religion has got to do with it either. Bit of an unpleasant comment. Ignore button for me now I reckon. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• OmoriOmori Posts: 167
    Really feel sorry for your neighbours to be honest. 
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,733
    Sorry I don't understand. The building control officer doesn't exist but has made them change to a flat roof even though building control have no say over design?
    Planning enforcement might make them reapply for planning approval or tell them to comply with their existing approval but can't give them an on the spot demolition notice. Your neighbour has the right to apply for retention of the building and can appeal a refusal of the decision if it goes that way before it comes close to needing to be knocked down.
    Perhaps we're not getting the full picture and this is very different to what was approved though?
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,341
    I'm glad I have neither of you as neighbours
    Devon.