Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED EIGHTY ONE

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 13,466
    LB 🤗
    Yes, agree Rubee, would be lovely to help the sick and homeless here. Terrible amount of wasted money.

Still lashing down here 😣
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 28,416
    Forgot to take milk out of the freezer last night so haven't got enough for my cereals. I better go rustle up something to eat as my stomach thinks my throat's been cut.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,577
    Morning - we finally got a couple of hours of rain last night - hurrah!🎉🎉🎉 No where near enough but much more than the garden would have got from me and a hosepipe.

Well I’m another one who was - and still is - excited by the achievements of the space race. I was dragged out of bed in the wee hours to watch the first moon walk live because my father thought it would be something I could remember for the rest of my life - and I do.

I understand all the arguments about money being better spent but not everything is about money. Sometimes it’s about pushing boundaries, making scientific advances and seeing just what we can do.

I don’t think for one minute the money would have been better spent. They probably would have built another couple of 8 lane super-highways and nuclear missiles instead. Give me a non-stick pan, satellite TV and Facetime calls to New Zealand instead...

However, the space junk and litter is something that has always concerned me.

Hope Chive had a good night.

Are you both feeling a bit better Joyce and SGL?

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    Morning T'Bird, Not forgetting, digital thermometers, foil blankets, camera phones, scratch resistant lenses, CAT scans, LEDs, home insulation, memory foam, wireless headphones, adjustable smoke detectors, freeze dried food, artificial limbs, the computer mouse and portable laptops. The list of things goes on.
    Hello Chive - you snuckered in there. Great to hear you had a fab time last night and are not too hungover today.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,540
    Good morning all. Dry here though a bit overcast really looking forward to a week off work. Thanks for your kind comments re Minnie I do feel better today how lovely of you to contribute to such an excellent charity LB I change my charitable donations every year it’s going on the list for 2020. 
    Hope everyone has a lovely weekend planned and all feeling poorly get well soon! 
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 5,715
    I love the conversations on Rez , food for thought .
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,577
    Ladybird4 said:
    Morning T'Bird, Not forgetting, digital thermometers, foil blankets, camera phones, scratch resistant lenses, CAT scans, LEDs, home insulation, memory foam, wireless headphones, adjustable smoke detectors, freeze dried food, artificial limbs, the computer mouse and portable laptops. The list of things goes on.
    Yup! Wouldn’t want to be without any of those now - not even the freeze dried food. Much easier carrying a couple of packs of that on a bike or up a mountain than tins. (I speak for my OH there you understand - not myself!😀)

Debs - I do hope Minnie finds a safe and loving new home. At least you know she is  now being cared for by people who do it for the love of cats. CPL is one of my charities too.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    Chive - Lily is doing what cats do best - sleeping on the sofa and no doubt leaving another hairy patch for an unsuspecting visitor!
    T'Bird - you put a picture in my head of your poor OH with a backpack clanking with tins as he does an impression of Sir Bradley up a steep mountain road whilst you drive passed shouting encouragement.

• RubeeRubee Posts: 5,715
    I have just dismembered the futon we have in the dining room , it’s for guest overflow .I can’t believe how dusty the mattress was🤭.I have had to sponge it down and leave it to dry.