Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,008
    Hello , wondered if any body has grown “ Coleus “ as a house plant , recently bought one and not looking to good ? Any tips 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,365
    Hope the show goes well @GWRS and you do some winning. 😁
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,983
    Gave the garden a good watering this morning, as it's cloudy and cooler it will do more good.
    Now it's raining!
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
    Not strictly gardening but o/h entered Village show and did rather well 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,346
    Well done GWRS's OH, our Village Flower Show is not till September.
     I deadheaded the large 'Penelope', 'Claire Austin' and 'Isaphan' roses, took a long time. Also severely pruned my winter flowering clematis 'Freckles', pulled lots of love in the mist plants, washed the porch and picked the last of the strawberries.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,260
    Congratulations @GWRS!! Very impressive array of trophies and cards. What sort of items did you win for? 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,346
    I tucked my jeans into my socks, put on my wellies, took a deep breath and clambered into the wilderness behind the old garage to prune (rather late) the ornamental quince which is shoehorned behind it. We think the previous owners built the garage extension around the quince many years ago. It flowered really well earlier this year which we can see above the garage (difference in levels) but need to keep it in check. Whilst I was there, I also severely pruned the Dr Ruppel clematis on the trellis which had become very overgrown. Had a lovely little robin join me to see what I was up to, seemed to want a drink or bath so put a large flat birdbath nearby and filled it with water.   
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,420
    Cut back some of the hardy geraniums, was going to give them a feed and water, but could l open the new bottle of feed ? Could l buffalo 🙄.
    Have to wait for a strong person to come along, failing that OH will have to have a go.
    Still have pulmonarias to cut back. Dug out small dead looking pink and a larger one that had collapsed in the middle. Took some cuttings from them 🤞.
    Replaced with 2 salvia "Merleau blue" and some Californian poppies Orange King that were in small pots. Fed clematis, sweet peas, beans and tomatoes with the last of the old bottle of feed and did some deadheading. Green waste bin is full.
    AuntyRach , it was o/h who won , not me , she got 7 1sts , including Jostaberry Jam , tray of 5 different veg ; 11 seconds  including raspberries, strawberries and  10 thirds incoluding  chutney , potatoes 🥔 
    Entries where down on fruit & veg down to weather . More handy craft , wine etc 
    But overall a good show 
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 1,056
    I’ve spent the most money I’ve ever spent on the garden this weekend, mostly on arches, urns and edging which isnt in place yet.

But I did tidy up part of the front garden...any thoughts/tips?

Before

After

Took a lot of digging to get all the roots out and make space, but I’ve wanted a cypress totem for years.