Forum home Tools and techniques

New Green House.

My New Green House has just arrived and I can wait for it to be put together. A very nice man from The Green House People ( I have no connection to them other than as a customer) brought everything in and put it on our patio. We wont be able to put it up for another 4 weeks as that when son is off work and we also need to extend the place where it's going.

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150
    Exciting times NannaBoo 😃. I got my first 'proper' greenhouse this year and mine also came before I'd finished base prep.

One tip I read online was to watch out for rain if you had to store it outdoors before the build. The parts will be fine, but all those sticky numbered labels that tell you what bit goes where might fade or wear off.

The one I chose also had a had an online video of assembly, which was extremely helpful. I watched it countless times to see how to do it before I started building it. The Greenhouse People might have one on their website too?

Good luck with the build. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. 🍀👍
  • NanabooNanaboo Posts: 1,057
    Hi Kitty 2, Everything apart from the glass is in cardboard and then plastic so that is fine just worried about the glass as that is just sheets of glass with tissue in between the glass sheets. My son and I are hoping to take down the old shed this weekend that's if it doesn't fall down first. I have just spoken to a builder friend and he's advised that is once we have finished putting the cement down it looks like rain to cover it in a sheet of plastic but to remove it if it's going to be dry for more than an hour. Once it's go a skin on it it should be fine. I found a video on the internet from the Greenhouse people and it look OK to do but have decided to do the frame one day and the glass the next day.
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    Good luck @NannaBoo take pictures as you build and post some would love to see, just take your time you know what they say "less haste more speed"

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • NanabooNanaboo Posts: 1,057
    Thanks for the good luck wishes I think we're going to need them. Yes we will be taking our time, I'm going to buy some gripy gloves tomorrow so I can help my son I'm quite good with a screwdriver well so he says. I will put up some photo's at different stages of the build. We are just hoping it's not to hot or to wet, we have decided once the frame is up to put my potting bench in before the glass goes in otherwise we wont be able to get it in.