Forum home The potting shed

Are you awake?

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,741
    I'd really like to spend more time in my bed :|
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,066
    Bless you Dove, whats hurting? I was up 12, 3.22, (not from choice!) retired after 25 years of nights, that where the body clock is.Anyway, walked the plot, picked up and moved plants floored by strong wind, more rain yeh!! done the washing
  • SheleenSheleen Southampton, in a gardenPosts: 51
    Topbird said:

To cap it all OH was snoring (not gently) beside me and was up and about at 6.45 to go to work. 

There now, that’s  a pretty boring little tale for you all.😁
    Ah, to have the simple and yet loud snoring of JUST my husband... he and the dog compete with snoring... and if that doesnt keep me awake it will be the farting competition they both seem to have in their sleep.... the only true loser being my nose ;) If all else fails, and I have a slight chance of nodding off, it is guaranteed that one of the cats will join the dog in trying to shove me off my side of the bed, by dribbling profusely on my face and using my body as a pin cushion with their claws. rofl
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    I've read the forum, I've checked for new emails, played freecell, solved codewords, sung (silently, in my head, not to disturb OH) most of my Dylan repertoire, as well as the Whiffenpoof song, hummed Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, perused the inside of my eyelids, listened to the silence,  all my usual falling asleep tactics.  Now the blackbird is greeting the dawn, perhaps he will sing me to sleep for a couple of hours. That's the last time I read the memoirs of a forensic pathologist at bedtime.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 8,200
    They grow big @Orchidia, and fast so make sure you've got plenty of room. They are lovely though and easy to maintain. Mine's laden with lovely pink flowers right now.
  • PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 555
    Just Googled, as I'm not familiar.  What a lovely thing, indeed!
    My low-carb recipe site: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,752
    Good morning @B3 ... are we both still awake?

My cough has woken me up 🙄 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,937
    Morning @Dovefromabove
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,752
    Morning @Hostafan1 🙄 
    How’s your tooth?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,937
    sore,,, grrrr. 
    How are the coughs?
    Devon.