A job to do today ...

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,118
Just a reminder ...  we’ve been out there removing plant saucers and gravel trays and standing pots on pot feet or bricks to improve drainage during this deluge. 

Don't want the roots of our precious plants to become waterlogged and drown! 😢 
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 539
    11pm last night, struggling in pj’s to bring things in from 75km/h howling wind and torrential rain.  Tomatoes now beside our bed...and saucers half a mile away somewhere.

• NannaBooNannaBoo Posts: 1,044
    I was outside taking away the pot sauces which were over flowing and came in to see you post Dovefromabove, great minds and all that lol. We were laying a concrete base the weekend before last and left the wheel barrow out which has now got about 3 inches of water and it's still raining. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,118
    Yep ... so glad I put the toms in intermediate pots ... there’s still room for them in the little lean-to greenhouse ... Phew! 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

My Tom's are in the ground as or the pea's and other veg just hope the water doesn't get that far.
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    edited 11 June
    Spent some of the time at the allotment this morning emptying tray's of water and standing the pots out to drain it's a catch 22 situation  you put the pots in solid trays so you don't waste any water then it pours down and they drown  :/

At least we have a fine day no rain and very calm so I had a good four hours there this morning.

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
    Lucky you Hampshire_Hog wish this rain would stop been going for two days now :'( need to finish clearing the shed and get it taken down ready for new g/House.
  • Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,726
    Has been hammering it down for 48-hours now ; probably welcome rain in E.Lincolnshire........could do without the wind though !
    Some parts of the county have had nearly 4" of rain . No work for two days now ,and doubtful about tomorrow .
    This afternoon tried to salvage what was left of my shattered Thalictrums ; not a lot of hope for the big Lupin either .
    Feeling a bit despondent now :(
    No point in feeling despondent @Paul B3 😉  ... same sort of thing going on here too ... but it’s not as bad as last year’s drought ... and at least my blueberries won’t go short of rainwater for a while 😉 

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,358
    Sorry for all the rain folks - my fault entirely, I bought a hosepipe and stand yesterday!  brilliant bargain from Homebase though, a Hozelock one reduced by 50%. Last one left on the shelf. I was also out in the rain yesterday evening, erecting a garden umbrella over my raised strawberry bed. You know you're insane sometimes. When we went to bed it was blowing a gale and I didn't think it was still going to be there this morning.
    It was fortunately so I went out in the rain again and tried to construct a rain cover using two round plant supports each end of the trough covered with plastic sheeting held down by pegs.
    Probably not just you buying them if they were 50% off ... we could blame Hozelock for reducing them? 😉