Joys of warmer nights.

JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 317
i jus realized it’s 11.15pm and I’m still sitting comfortably out on the terrace. Could this really be the beginning of me enjoying the hard work of the last few weeks. 

Does Anyone else have the feeling that summer is creeping up on us slowly this year?

• FireFire LondonPosts: 5,368
    Only three weeks before the days get shorter. Enjoy June!
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,899
    Its 10.18 on your post, so dont tell fibs haha, where abouts are you.  Warmer nights no thanks, am one of these unlucky perishers who is going to have hot flushes at night for ever, used to have bedroom window open all year, even in winter not wide, before I met hubby then, and not getting them, just like cool. It used to be if it was 10d outside I was comfortable in bed, now just about bareable when  its 0d.  Dont tell me, I should sleep outside.
  • pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 626
    I’m sitting outside as well, but with a blanket here in East Midlands. It’s definitely getting warmer and and lighter as well. Just now I’m admiring the dark clouds against the last bit of daylight in the west. Time to relax and enjoy the results of your work on this little patch of earth.
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 317
    Nanny I’m an hour ahead of the UK... outside of Paris. Have to admit it’s probably too cold still here for the « natives » but I still have my Scottish blood for me anything in double digits still feels tropical, even after nearly 30years of warmer weather. Flipping hot flushes are the bane of my existence too. Our windows are permanently open, neighbors thing we are aliens!
    Putter patter that’s exactly how I feel. No point putting in all the work if we don’t sit back and enjoy it sometimes.

sitting here listening to the frogs in the pond opposite. They certainly know how to fill a silent night with song!
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,899
    Oh, how lovelly Jac, how long have you been there, do you miss Scotland?  I have done Glasgow twice and Edinburgh once, botanical gardens of course.I am over 20 years post menoporse.
    Nanny I’ve been here for 28 years and a stint in the US before that, so Scotland can feel like a distant memory sometimes. I was « home «  a couple of weeks ago and you can easily count 3 weeks difference in the plants and trees maturity vs here. 

Im originally from Perthshire, then edinburgh area. The botanic gardens are one of my favorite places too. I do still miss Scotland loads and still find the folks there to be most friendly and welcoming anywhere I’ve travelled.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,683
    We had dinner outside on the terrace tonight, warm enough for t shirts, first time this year. Smell of roses all around and loads of birdsong. I'm in SW France.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,368
    I had a lovely evening gardening until dark. Two lovely months around solstice of being in the garden until bed.
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,002
    I always find midsummer day a little depressing  - a bit like my last day of being 29 if I remember correctly. 
    In London. Keen but lazy.