Forum home Plants

Spring sweethearts

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,349

Foliage is gorgeous on that Salino image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,349

Dove-the white crocus are just fab. I had a big pot crammed with giant white ones for years but the sodding rabbits at last house ate the whole lot image I plan to do another pot this year as they were always so welcome at the end of the winter. 

Any photos I took just now would be very disappointing- bare pots and gravel!

Give me a month or two!image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609
    Fairygirl wrote (see)

Foliage is gorgeous on that Salino image

..thank you, yes it is and it seeds about a bit too, I've now got little plants growing up all over the place...  ...typical celandines in that respect...

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Yes, we have Brazen Hussy at the Bristol Botanic Garden at the front of the Hot Border.  It does spread a bit but not anything like the native one, but then they disappear so quickly too I would always welcome them in the spring - like Shakespeare.  i have the native one covering the soil in my wallflower bed at the moment and they look great with the russet brown shades of the wallflower.  must pick some wallflowers for the house and get more.

Complementary colours in my butterfly garden this afternoon.  I have not seen any butterflies yet but perhaps this weekend if the forecast is correct.

Who could fail to be enticed out to do some gardening when this eye candy is what you 

see from the kitchen door?

And who would not want to go to the shops if this is what greets you from your front door when you return home?  My friend's tiny front garden is a real treat at every season of the year .

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,157

What beautiful blues !

And I just love your collection of pots.  I am in the south too (but east, rather than west) and have not even got any buds on my tulips yet - you are miles ahead of us !

But I have got daffs all over - makes me smile when I come down the path.  Thats what I like about gardening - there is nearly always something to get excited about ..... apart from early December, and then I am in a Christmas Preparation Frenzy (capitalised for a reason!) so don't have time to feel bereftimage

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page  - St Augustine
  • SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..refreshing and very nice to see when people make the effort like this.  I especially like all the pots of bulbs as seen ''from the kitchen door''...

As well as spring colour in my garden and those around me I love the scent of spring.  The hyacinths this year now the spring warmth has arrived at last are outstripping the wallflowers for their perfume.