Beech hedge, discolouring

Can anyone advised on what is causing discoloration of new growth on this beech hedge.  We are 50m above sea level in South Lanarkshire in the Clyde Valley.

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    Hi WillieB06 your photo is not appearing yet.
    If you are having problems this link may help . Or if you say what you are doing more knowledgeable members can talk you through why it may not be appearing.

https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1010384/how-to-upload-a-picture-or-embed-other-media#latest

• WillieB06WillieB06 Posts: 14

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,618
    We had a warm spell followed by  a period of frosts and cold winds.  That looks like young growth with frost/cold damage. It’ll set it back a bit but it’ll recover and by the summer it’ll be forgotten about. 
    If you want to help it along,  a feed with Fish Blood and Bone followed by watering and then an organic mulch,  will be good for it. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WillieB06WillieB06 Posts: 14
    Dovefromabove - you've just confirmed my thoughts and those of a neighbour whose newly planted beech hedge is suffering similarly.  His thoughts were the same as yours.   Thanks.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,618
    Great minds think alike .... and you know the rest 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh