Forum home The potting shed

pet birthdays

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,332
    He's so handsome and well behaved.One of my cats brought a mouse in and it was still alive, he dropped it and it ran off back outside.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,478
    What a handsome chap. Happy Birthday Thomas x Is he affectionate? 
    My Charlie is such a mummy’s boy - follows me and ‘chats’ all the time but hates being picked up! George is a bit more ‘independent’ but loves a comb and a cuddle. Neither go on laps though but will happily sleep on legs in bed! 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,945
    Thomas is just like that,  we call it a leg nest, it’s ok if you don’t touch him. 
    He’s not very affectionate but he’s always with me, follows in the garden and lies down to wait for me, then he follows me in, so never far apart.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,478
    Leg nest! Exactly! 
    Cats are funny creatures - affection in their own way! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
    Thomas will roll on his back but if I tickle him just that bit too long, he’s out with all fives! 
    Actually, I think I get more response from my house rabbit than Thomas, Charlie is very old  almost 8 now, and I have to do a lot for her,  but she really makes it known what she wants and what she want to eat.  I never had any idea a rabbit could be so knowing. 

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 5,573
    edited May 2019
    I remember the school rabbit when I was about 4 or 5. Huuuge - she ruled the classroom completely. The teacher was terrified of her. My first school photo has me holding that bunny (almost as big as me) - only child brave enough to do it  B) I liked her - real character and would not do what she didn't want to do. Bad habit of eating wax crayons though. She was still there when I went to secondary school, so she'd have been about 7 years old then.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first” 
    The bigger ones do live longer I think, mine usually live to about five, so very crotchety on her legs, but very determined to do what she wants. 

• Glenys 2Glenys 2 Posts: 167
    our dog was 17yrs yesterday and today we had to have her put to sleep, but we have lovely memories of her time with us
    That’s so sad Glenys,  whatever age, you will always miss her and remember her.  They leave a big space. 
    Have you got a photo to share with us?  Only if you want to of course.