Gardening wear.....

12346»

• dannyandshazdannyandshaz Posts: 36
    KT53 said:
    This summer I've had to buy a couple of new pairs of trousers as all last years ones seem to have shrunk.
    It's a scientifically proven fact that clothes left in the wardrobe over winter shrink.  There is no other logical explanation of why it happens to so much clothing. :D

KT53 said:
    This summer I've had to buy a couple of new pairs of trousers as all last years ones seem to have shrunk.
    It's a scientifically proven fact that clothes left in the wardrobe over winter shrink.  There is no other logical explanation of why it happens to so much clothing. :D
    We buy from our local red cross, all my gardening jumpers are well use to rose thorn attacks and the "T" shirts after use in the garden end up in the workshop as rags for cleaning this and that plus its nice to know im helping someone who needs the money paid for the clothing.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,736
    @AnniD. In the words of the great Basil Fawlty,  ‘it’s called style dear’ 😀
    the other day I was out in a pair of pyjamas , all day, they have denim colour bottoms cropped length and a nice loose top, very fashionable,  and comfortable.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,946
    Thanks @Lyn (and Basil). That shall be my riposte in future in response to the singing of "Bye bye baby".....
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    Nothing wrong with BCR trousies, just the shoes are a little impractical
    AnniD said:
    Thanks @Lyn (and Basil). That shall be my riposte in future in response to the singing of "Bye bye baby".....
    I still like that song
    :wink::blush:

I also go out to open blowaway, sometimes end up in the garden with a long purple dressing gown with big pockets it also has a big hood for warmth in winter.
    Pockets often have string and secateurs in when I finally go in to get properly dressed, hang it back up, a big clonk as it hits the door.
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 598
    edited 4 May
    I have a big ancient hooded brown felt djellaba, which is great as it cuts out the wind and covers me entirely down to ankles....who knows what’s underneath!   I have been known to be found still wearing it (and my pjs of course!) mid afternoon in the garden.   Heaven knows what the neighbours think as they sit in front of their mirrors and do their make-up with this strange person next door.  
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,736
    The Mad Monk of the Altitudes 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    Helix said:
    I have a big ancient hooded brown felt djellaba, which is great as it cuts out the wind and covers me entirely down to ankles....who knows what’s underneath!   I have been known to be found still wearing it (and my pjs of course!) mid afternoon in the garden.   Heaven knows what the neighbours think as they sit in front of their mirrors and do their make-up with this strange person next door.  
    Ah! So not like the kilt, where nothing is worn underneath...
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 598
    That would be telling wouldn’t it?

I have to say that with the addition of the kilt my gardening wear is now more stylish than at any other occasion when charity shop finds and casts off from my niece are the norm.