Who fancies a trip to Wisley?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,301
    Thanks for thinking of me 😊  ... however I’ve got a lot of driving etc planned for one thing and another this year so I’ll give this one a miss. 

Thought I’d mention that  @WonkyWomble and I are planning a trip to Beth Chatto’s garden soon, and Bressingam Gardens are free to RHS members in May so I’m planning a trip there as well, so if anyone fancies meeting up we can start a thread for that. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,493
    I'd love to go but it's too far to do as a day trip and have a reasonable amount of time there (drive + 3 or 4 trains + taxi, then the same back again). 

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,990
    Thanks for flagging me into this, I will have a chat to my OH as she is about to retire we  can look at the dates & see, we do go from time to time but not as often as we would like. 
    AB Still learning

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,807
    edited 6 May
    Dovefromabove, do you know when you are going yet?
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,436
    I would be interested in the Chatto gardens trip.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,301
    Dovefromabove, do you know when you are going yet?
    @Busy-Lizzie I'll see when @WonkyWomble is free  ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,372
    @chicky @LG_ ; I've just Doodle Polled.  Finally!  Sorry it's taken so long...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,470
    Sorry sorry sorry - I'd totally missed the notifications for this. I got a Doodle notification which alerted me. 

I would love to go to Beth Chatto's garden, Dove. Keep us posted on the dates, though I think it's unlikely I could get there.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,470
    Right - Wisley date decided, based on the Doodle poll: the weekend of 20/21 July is when everyone who has responded can go. The Saturday is probably safest, as public transport (specifically trains) is often messed up on Sunday with engineering works. But I'm open to either. What does everyone else think?
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,436
    It's in the diary.🌱