No pick axe

Thought I would clear a area in the garden that 2 large plants were growing in. A chain saw came in very handy at the time. Whilst attempting to clear the area I started to unearth a few items, 1 being a black plastic plant pot, A couple of bricks so far, Clearing further I hit upon something metal that is still to be unearthed, Any one recognize it ? looks like a bit of an old car but only time will tell.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,137
    edited 24 April
    is it a rung off a ladder. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• pincushionpincushion Posts: 46
    That is a strong possibility,
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    Exciting times, be funny if you excavate and find another and another going down.....

• NannaBooNannaBoo Posts: 1,044
    Could they be car parts?
    Rubytoo said:
    Exciting times, be funny if you excavate and find another and another going down.....

Always wanted to visit Australia
    Dee73 said:
    Could they be car parts?
    That was my initial thought
  • NannaBooNannaBoo Posts: 1,044

pincushion  keep digging you might find a whole car and if you reach Australia say Hi to my friend Linda for me lol.
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 766
    Could be the radiator surround from an old car dig it out carefully it could be worth a few quid.
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    I vote a rung from an old aluminium ladder. if it does turn out to be a mini I have a wheel for one if you need it? I dug up in my allotment last year

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
    Update 05/05/2019