Who fancies a trip to Wisley?

LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,451
Last year, a few forum members met for a day out visiting a couple of London gardens (Lambeth Palace, Chelsea Physic Garden). The year before, a similar but not identical group went to Kew. Wisley came up as a suggestion for this year - so who's in?

I've created a Doodle poll for us to share our availability: https://doodle.com/poll/6dtfa2zbunguxegv
Please click on the link and tick your preferred dates. Please use your forum username or something close to it, not your real name, so we all know who we mean!

Wisley is not easily accessible by public transport, but a cab from the nearest rail stations - West Byfleet or Woking - would not be too bad if shared, so the aim would be for small groups to arrive at the same time and share a cab. Obviously it's also possible to drive.
'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
- Cicero

• FireFire LondonPosts: 5,392
    I'm in.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,451
    Yay!

I forgot to say, the poll has three options: Yes, No, and 'Yes, if need be'. If you click on a date once, it's a Yes. No click is a No. And two clicks on  a date is 'Yes, if need be', ie: not your preferred date, but if it was the only date everyone else could do, you'd be willing. 
    - Cicero
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,221
    Thanks LG. I was hoping someone would organise something😀
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,330
    Great stuff, LG...   :D
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
    Jolly good :)

Another couple of things I forgot to say: Wisley is free for RHS members plus one guest, so it may be that between us we could all get in free, meaning the only cost would be travel. And of course CAKE.

Also, you can change your dates on the Doodle poll if your availability changes, so please don't hang back and wait to see what everyone else is doing. If we all did that, nothing would ever get arranged! If you'd like to come, please tick a box or two.
    - Cicero
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,846
    Oh I wish I lived nearer. I am excited tho as I am being taken to Chelsea

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,392
    Dates-wise, I'm easy. So to speak.
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,221
    I've been a member for years but have never got round to visiting wisley
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    @Lily Pilly - wish you could come too! But you'll have a fab time at Chelsea.
    - Cicero
    - Cicero