Comedian wins Presidential election.

KT53KT53 Posts: 3,449

At least he acknowledges that he's a comedian.  Most political leaders don't seem to realise it.

• B3B3 Posts: 10,013
    The trouble is, their jokes aren't funny.
    That being said, career politicians don't do any better.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 765
    Politics and politicians have been found out, now the voter realises it doesn't really matter who they vote for nothing changes.
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,013
    If people hadn't voted for Cameron (remember him?) , we wouldn't be in this mess.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,022
    That's great. 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,300
    better a comedian than the clown who won in USA.
    Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,131
    But what a clever clown, more money than most of us could imagine, nothing stupid about him. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,118
    Not that clever really ... he inherited vast wealth and valuable connections and his father’s creditworthiness . Since then several of his business have gone bankrupt taking with them lots of little folk - small investors - vis the way things had been set up it was them that lost their money, not Trump. 
    Apparently if he’d invested his inheritance in an index-linked investment fund he’d be richer now than he actually is ... so many of his businesses have lost money. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/29/the-myth-and-the-reality-of-donald-trumps-business-empire/?utm_term=.de9f29806dde
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,561
    I think the monster raving loony party will do well at the next election. Everyone is fed up of the usual lot.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,449
    Lyn said:
    But what a clever clown, more money than most of us could imagine, nothing stupid about him. 
    Being rich and being stupid aren't mutually exclusive.  Just look at many of the hereditary lords.  The Trumpster also tweeted today that the attacks in Sri Lanka had killed 136 million people.  If that ain't stoopid, what is?
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,131
    The Pillocks of Society. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.