Lily beetle

The lily beetle is out in force in my area not on lillys yet but all on my imperial fritillaria I keep killing them before they get started . 

• B3B3 Posts: 10,008
    Squashed two today.
    How do they find the lilies when there's only leaves?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,857
    2on my philadelphus today! 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,684
    Squashed 15 on my Madonna lilies yesterday. Couldn't see any today.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    Yuk. That's a lot!
  • Jason millyJason milly Posts: 502
    More this year everyday I am killing on average 3 a day, I put them on floor and one big stamp by foot as I hate it when they scream. 
  • JemulaJemula Posts: 80
    I’ve squashed about 10 today. They don’t seem so keen on the martagon lilies though. 
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,449
    Last years the lilies were hardly touched.  Very different this year.  I've been at 'em with the bug spray :D
    I go out every morning with my pinching fingers twitching. None today, but I found a sticky poo grub yesterday.  Yuk
  • IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,347
    I have been picking the Lily beetles off some fritillaries. I had a good haul picking them off snd dumping them in a jar of washing up liquid.  Even hubby got involved with a pair of old tweezers for those who try to fall off and hide.  

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 317
    Constant battle here in my Paris pot garden. Between Lilly beetles and vine weevil my poor plants always end up with chomped leaves and flowers on bare stems.