March 2019 Water Situ Report for England.

FireFire LondonPosts: 5,368
The England reports are published about the middle of each month. The Env Agency only cover England. They also publish ones for the local areas. I find they make for fascinating reading, re rainfall, "effective rainfall" (Oct - March), groundwater, river levels etc. Clearly I need to get out more, but it is useful to know what what stocks are like as we go into summer. Also you get to see in the stats if your hunches are born out. Was March really a wet month?

• herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 1,109
    They are really interesting @Fire and I am sure you get out quite enough to enjoy them.

Personally I am more interested in https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/river-thames-scheme-reducing-flood-risk-from-datchet-to-teddington/river-thames-scheme-reducing-flood-risk-from-datchet-to-teddington

and the fact that our three villages had to flood twice (and involve the Royal family) before anyone would put their hands up and say the original relief channel was not enough. It was mainly designed to keep the likes of Michael Parkinson's carpets dry. We are all a bit paranoid about rainfall here - particularly going into winter!
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,273
    I recently heard a rumour that more Welsh valleys are to be flooded to flush English toilets.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,358
    I heard that some of the water companies are at last getting their act together so that regions with more water than they need, can pipe it through to those who do need it. I presume they will charge for doing so.  It's been a long time coming, I don't know why it has taken so long for them to see sense.