Gardening gloves

amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 486
For years I hadn't bothered using gardening gloves, but having moved house nearly three years ago and this being an old garden that is strewn with old pieces of glass (probably an old glasshouse at end of the plot), I started wearing gloves. My current favourites are model 310 by Showa they are made of breathable cotton and have a thick silicon coating on the underside that allows good flexibility and decent feeling of tools and plants.

What gloves do you use? Always interested to know what other gardeners like to use.

Here's the link to my gloves: https://www.showagloves.com/showa-310-green?gi=jd7ursrsoup420rrsjlsn6htc1 they can be picked up for under £4 pnline.  

And no...I am in no way affiliated with the company, I bought them on the recommendation of a nearby nursery owner. 
To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,493
    Whatever I can find that fits and doesn't cost the earth (because I wear them out quite quickly, even the expensive ones).  I have smaller than average hands (about size 6 and a half) and the fingers of even size small gloves tend to be both too long and a lot too wide which doesn't make for a good experience!
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,953
    Same here.  No matter what price or quality we always end up with a pile of left hand gloves as the right hand ones get knackered all too soon.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 486
    I used to grab any old gloves I could find at B&Q but thought I'd upgrade as most seemed too stiff. I'm constantly surprised with people using leather gloves for manual tasks ;) 
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,736
    I use the showa gloves too, they're excellent and a pair lasts a season usually.

And for the best pruning gloves https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Leaf-Tough-Touch-Gloves/dp/B002PHX7PG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=10I5COOXGZ0KB&keywords=gold+leaf+gloves+men&qid=1555425513&s=gateway&sprefix=gold+leaf+gl%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-1
    Mine are in their 6th year now and still impervious to all thorns and prickles, yet remarkably thin and very comfortable.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    Ah thanks for the recommendation @Pete.8probably worth getting a pair for pruning roses
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,736
    I can't recommend them more highly.
    Not cheap but mine are still going strong from june 2013

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,891
    Like Pete, l use Showa gloves for day to day work.
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 1,122
    I turn one of the left hand gloves round @Obelixx and use it on my right hand for rough jobs where I don't need to feel what I'm doing. I'm not mean just careful........ (and mean)
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    I use Showa 370's all the time they are tough light and your hands don't sweat not the cheapest but really hard wearing a pair lasts me about 18 months at about three to four hours a day five or six days a week on average.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RHZQ1E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do also have a pair of long leather gauntlets and coat for roses, brambles, and hedge work.

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
    On my list for when I need to replace my current pair @Hampshire_Hog but my 310s keep going.