Forum home Plants

Geranium Cuttings

widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 351
My geranium cutting this winter have been very good, only lost a few, they are now growing well and starting to bud, am I right in taking the buds off, don't intend to put them out for a month or so yet.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 78,251
    Yes I would remove any flower buds and pinch out the growing top and sideshoots so that you get a stocky bushy plant. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 351
    Thanks for that, never thought of pinching out sideshots
    Just the tips of the sideshoots ... so they branch out too. Just in case I confused you 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Ok sideshots only, thanks a lot
    Oh I think I've confused you even more ... what I should’ve said was ‘pinch out the growing tips at the top and of the sideshoots’ 

I’m beginning to confuse myself 🤷‍♀️ 

Oh dear, from the top,,!!! The tips of the sideshots, good job I'm sitting on the sofa, think ilI' wait till tomorrow till I go in the greenhouse, :smiley: just to make sure, ha ha