Forum home The potting shed

Brexishambles

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,752
    Give us our country back will have a different ring a few years hence ... we’re selling it off hand over fist ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,937
    Give us our country back will have a different ring a few years hence ... we’re selling it off hand over fist ...
    not even selling, practically giving it away!
    Devon.
  • DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730
    I signed it because I hoped if it were acted upon it would mean we wouldn't leave so we'd be back where we were pre referendum. The leave lot (Farage, Johnson etc) would carry on carrying on but that's their problem. The rest of us would just continue to live our lives.  Yes, I am an optimist.

Same here @DyersEnd ... I just want to walk out of the shower and find it was all a bad dream ... I bet Cameron and May do too 🙄 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KT53KT53 Posts: 5,724
    DyersEnd said:
    Which creature needs putting down Marlorena? A serious question as I haven't seen the comment and agree with you that it is unacceptable. However, signing a petition is a perfectly acceptable and peaceful method of protesting about a matter which I feel is important.
    The 'creature' in question is Theresa May in a post from the woman who started from the petition.  Another is "If I go hold of her gun I'd shoot her point blank in the name of patriotism".  After the death of Jo Cox, anybody posting stuff like that should be arrested for incitement.  Utterly appalling.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,724
    The arguments about the referendum vote being close always make me chuckle.  I'm fairly confident in saying that had the Remain side won first time round, they wouldn't now be saying we should have a 2nd because it was close.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 10,139
    To be fair that was exactly what Farage did say.
    "If we lose but it is very close, then we will seek another referendum"
    Southern trees bear a strange fruit
    Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
  • I had to laugh at a recent photo of the march in London, showing someone flying the flag upside-down. It doesn't give a very good impression of their intelligence!
    Flying a flag upside down is historically an internationally recognised maritime sign of a vessel in distress so that seems very appropriate ... to me that’s an obvious sign of intelligence and historical awareness. 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,905
    edited March 2019
    Flying the national flag upside down is a signal that your vessel is in distress, according to maritime custom. In other words, May day, May day.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.