Forum home Tools and techniques

Increase your windowsill growing space - tip :-)

• HazybHazyb Posts: 305
    It does help  :) 

I think these shelves would be ideal for my small kitchen window. 

Most of my windows are unusable because of wooden blinds so I’m pondering getting one of these to untilise the patio door windows better - 

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,531
    That’d give loads of space Hazy - and the wheels would make it easy for turning too.  Where did you find that one?
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • B3B3 Posts: 16,630
    I'm wondering if those tall, thin shelves that you get for bathrooms would go in  my porch.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • TheveggardenerTheveggardener Posts: 1,057

Hazyb, Could you tell me were you found this would be very useful. 
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,286
    Great idea.
    And I don't know if it would help if you can paint white or "foil" a piece of card to stand /attach/ lean behind it room side, it would help to reflect the light and maybe stop the plants leaning towards the windows.
    I know you could simply give them a turn most days, but might help a bit.

Above idea stolen from Mr Geoff Hamilton, before the days of ikea etc he cut the front off a cardboard box and painted it white. I don't think he would mind though :)

• Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 1,947
    edited March 2019
    I Google ' wheeled garage storage' and got several including this.......is this what you want?

• TheveggardenerTheveggardener Posts: 1,057
    I've been using Wilko Telescopic Stands they cost £2.50 each and with a small piece of wood on each end they can be put one on top of the other. Sorry been trying to load a picture but it wont load.

• HazybHazyb Posts: 305
    Amazon is where I saw the shelving unit but they can be found in other places too.
  • fizzwhizzfizzwhizz Posts: 94
    @Hazyb ooh yes good idea - then when you are hardening off you can just carry the whole thing in and out too - wish i had patio doors, all that light real estate!