Frog spawn

• Found small amounts here in East Yorkshire yesterday. Lots of mating couples and the newts look Clive too. 😊😊
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,133

Frog spawn appeared in our little pond this morning  :)

hello @Jellyfire ; :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,151
    Awww! How lovely,   congrats to Dove,  are yours always this late? Hopefully by being this late they won’t get frosted. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

It’s only the second year we’ve had any in our little pond, although NDN gets lots ... I’m pretty sure last year ours was mid March, and Jellyfire and I aren’t too far apart so our frogs are probably right for this bit of the world. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 739
    Hi Dove! Congratualtions on your new arrival! Almost finished my winter hiberanation (I have zero desire to garden between november and March!)
    Think march is about normal round these parts Lyn as Dove said, you can log sightings here https://freshwaterhabitats.org.uk/projects/pondnet/spawnsurvey2019/ and they have a nice little map which they update every week or so. There was none at all on it for East Anglia for february. Had another clump added overnight, so hopeful we will have a few more yet
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 6,175
    Our poor solitary frog is still waiting for a mate - I real am quite upset that we have lost all but one of our frogs over the past 3 or 4 years.
  • DampGardenManDampGardenMan Posts: 1,057
    Lots of spawn in wheel ruts beside our track at the start of February! Nothing in the newly dug "pond" until a month or so later. The wheel ruts are swarming with tadpoles at the moment, which is a shame as they'll probably dry out in the next two or three weeks. I transferred a bucket load from the ruts to the "pond" today but couldn't get them all.
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 765
    Got a second lot of spawn today, laid on top of the first (1st March)!
    We’ve got a couple more small clumps today  :)

• FlinsterFlinster Posts: 765
    First lot of spawn are hatching out today! (from 1st March)