Peace Lily advice please.

Carol AnnCarol Ann Posts: 23
edited 13 March in Problem solving
I have a very healthy but (I think) pot bound Peace Lily which droops every couple of days and then perks up when watered. The pot looks a bit crammed and I am wondering if I should divide or repot it. Can anyone advise - Thank you :)

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,916
    Probably both, I find when I repot mine that it's easy to pull rooted offsets away and pot them up separately. I keep the main stems together to be repotted, compost any weak or very small offsets and then anything that looks like it will make a good plant on its own gets potted on. Any chance of a pic to see the size of the plant?
  • BijdezeeBijdezee Bruges, BelgiumPosts: 707
    I've got a large very healthy peace lily, it never flowers though. Any tips? 
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,916
    Bijdezee said:
    I've got a large very healthy peace lily, it never flowers though. Any tips? 
    Give it a feed now in spring, make sure it's getting good light levels but not direct sunlight and water using rain water. The ones you see in shops are forced to flower and it's a bit harder to get them to do it at home but you should get at least a few flowers throughout the year.
  • Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 442
    Hi @Bijdezee,

To get your plant to flower make sure you are feeding with something high in potassium rather than in nitrogen  ..... I use my homemade comfrey liquid, but tomato feed would do the job. 
    Mine has usually got half a dozen flowers on it.
    Bee x
      image  Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey 
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 939
    I have two Peace Lilies. One with white flowers and one with red. When the one with red flowers stopped flowering I fed it with Miracle Grow and it flowered again although not quite as good as the original flowers. Maybe I did something wrong.
  • BijdezeeBijdezee Bruges, BelgiumPosts: 707
    I have fed it with tomato food but that didn't make it flower. I'm wondering about the light level being too low. Might try it nearer the North facing window. Thanks for suggestions. 
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,385
    Poor peace lillies,they are amazingly good tempered! I inherited one with our house,it was in a decorative tin bucket,no drain holes! It was still alive,just....but looked pathetic. I plunged it in water,then potted it in good compost. One or two flowers have appeared under the foliage.It will be getting a feed now,thanks for the advice.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Carol AnnCarol Ann Posts: 23
    Sorry for picture quality.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,596
    It does look healthy and drooping is normal between waterings. Try a mist spray too. I like the full look, but I’m sure you could divide into at least two plants. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales.