Forum home The potting shed

Another scam

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,574
You may already be aware of this scam but it’s a new one on me so I thought I’d post this as a ‘heads up’

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/brushing-scam-in-norfolk-everything-you-need-to-know-1-5905801
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,499
    Well, thank you for that, Dove.

Life is so complicated these days, isn’t it?🧐
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 1,864
    The modern world, eh? What would our grandparents have made of it? 

Some parcel scams end well
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46604625
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,574
    Oooh ... he could manufacture and sell those  B)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,457
    It just goes to show how valuable reviews are to internet sites now and why they should always be viewed with suspicion. 
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,496
    It just goes to show how valuable reviews are to internet sites now and why they should always be viewed with suspicion. 
    Agreed, and I always do.  Much like TripAdvisor, where reviews have to be looked at over an extended period to see if there has been unusual activity such as a batch of bad reviews over a short period when most before and after is positive, or vice versa.  The system can be manipulated just as easily to damage a rival company as it can to boost one.
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,535
    When the Asian chap rings me at 9.15 am from BT Openreach Scam Department I ask him if he can see the door to his office and then tell him that in 10 seconds the Police will arrive to arrest him

Its a lot of fun as he goes quiet before hanging up  B)
    Everyone is just trying to be Happy.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,990
    I must remember that one @NewBoy2.  I usually go in for the heavy breathing routine, it really freaks them out! 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,054
    Polytunnels thread, perchance ?
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,574
    I frequently get an automated bad American accented female voice telling me my internet is about to be disconnected ... can’t even be rude to her 😡 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160
    I like the ones where you can wind them up a bit. I consider it a success if it lasts more than a couple of minutes and I'm told to f... off