Seating area ideas

I've been toying with raising this existing sleeper area to seat height. My idea was to box in the bay trees & render & then put seating in the square shape. I've prices up more sleepers & they are £. I was wondering could use breeze blocks on top of the sleepers & render it all? I need to raise the height & put a back on for seating. Ideas gratefully received. 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,905
    Cheaper, simpler and more flexible to buy a couple of benches that you can move around.

Not convinced that rendered breeze blocks would look right on top of the sleepers and it would be a shame to hide them as they're rather lovely as they are.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,569
    Not sure why you'd want to?  Breeze blocks on top of wood sleepers would not be a good idea long term.
    An alternative material?  Free - if you like wine in straight sided bottles....

You could bolt side supports to the sleepers then lay in the bottles and put a back on to hide the necks.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,872
    You mean they're empty wine bottles ? I thought they were there as supplies as you were having a sit down.  B)
    With regard to the seating area, l must agree that the rendering of breeze blocks probably wouldn't look good. I can appreciate your wanting to save money, l believe you can get "fake" sleepers, may be that's an option? 
    Yes - empty.  We and our friends had a fine time "collecting" them.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,569
    I've always wanted to have a go at that Obelixx - must drink more wine first though!
    edited 23 February
    Just get your friends on side.  We were also donated some by a restaurant.....
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,872
    I believe you..... ;)
    edited 23 February
    If you look at the photos you can see the 3 bottom rows are all the same and a different green from the others.   Those came from the restaurant.
  • This is what I meant
    ..i like the bottle idea think it would take me a while...