HELLO FORKERS - FEBRUARY 2019

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,544
    Morning all 😀

Working from home today as littlest chicklet needs a lift to the station early afternoon- she’s off to Budapest on a trip with her Uni friends 👫 👬 👭 

Pretty dull out there this morning.....rain’s on its way 🌧🌧🌧

Keep out of mischief 😉
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,004
    Morning all/afties, evening Pat if you're there  :)
    Been super busy the last few days so not had much time to look in here. Hope everyone has had a decent weekend, weather/work/family permitting.
    Still a bit blustery here, but I got outside for a little while on Saturday to do a bit of tidying.  The heavy rain yesterday went off and washing was almost dried after a couple of hours. More painting and rubbish clearing completed, so a good result all round. Weird not needing the heating on very much at this time of year! Not falling into the trap of sowing seed yet anyway. No point.
    Glad you got home safely fidget. You couldn't pay me enough to be at airports nowadays, even without the hassle you had. Have you got some good photos? Of the trip I mean - not the searches.... ;)

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,205
    Good morning.  Glad the painting's going well FG.  I have another day off here as it's patchwork this pm but then back to the brushes and rollers tomorrow.

Hope Junior Chick has a good time on her jaunt and you have recovered from your journey Fidget.    Must admit, flying is not my first choice either and so much to explore by road or rail here for now.

Sunny again here and still.   I'm off to check all the pots then get ready for this pm.   Greetings to all yet to pop in.  I trust all is well.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,633
    We have some good photos. Hundreds in fact. Ready to be sorted, they are loaded onto laptop, backed up on transportable hard drive, separate bag, just in case.
    No photos of searches.I didn't fancy the inside of an Ecuadorial jail cell.  We got home to find OH bag has been opened, the tiewraps had been cut off.  i think this must have been in the three hours we were in Schipol. I hoped they like all the scuzzy clothing. We sweated a lot on some of the hikes.  Someone has played with the combination on mine, all the numbers were set to 999 which wasn't what I left it when Guayaquil had finished checking it.  So in a journey home, three flights, the hand baggage was checked four times, the checkin (straight through from Ecuador) at least twice that we know of, plus one repack on the airport floor. I got put in one of those scanners twice, hubby once, and frisked down three times. The woman had a good feel of the underwiring on my bra.  I know theyre big but honest it's all me. No room in my bra for extra kilo of drugs. My drug of choice, Chocolate,  would melt.
    Hubby has decided that he wants to be put into an induced coma and go to bed on holiday, and wake up in his own bed at home.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,676
    Couldn’t bear all that Fidget .... that sort of trip will have to wait until Scottie can ‘beam’ me over there 🏝Until then I’ll get vicarious enjoyment via your photos 🐠 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,245
    Morning all. We’re back to 36c today, so not happy.

We’re off to Canberra again for a couple of days on Wednesday for yet more investigations on poor Hubby. We’re wondering how to keep cheerful with all these tests and trips to “our big smoke” which is a trip we don’t enjoy. At least our daughter if happy to chauffeur us around which helps with parking etc. She has a disabled sticker which helps enormously. 

S. E. NSW
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,633
    When I get sorted , I will post my photos and diary on a separate thread. That way anyone who doesn't like looking at other peoples holiday photos can ignore it.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,205
    Sounds like a plan Fidget.

Pdoc - are you there?  Have these people never heard of the Social Democrats and what happened to them and their "new politics"?   'Struth!

Pat - seems to me that staying over a couple of nights and treating it like a mini break is very sensible.  Make it fun, in part at least.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,041
    Ahh the SDP I am sure they are acutely aware but there it is. I met Chuka Umunna once at a do in the commons & he seemed such a sensible chap, never really understood why he did not pursue the Labour leadership, if were leader now, none of this would be necessary.
    AB Still learning

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,245
    You’re you’re right Obelixx. Meet up with the kids for a meal on Wednesday night, and then he has to fast until the biopsy on a Thursday. Might just flop about on Thursday before driving home on Friday. 

S. E. NSW
This discussion has been closed.