HELLO FORKERS - FEBRUARY 2019

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,994
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47268417

"the prime minister said "history will judge us all" over the handling of Brexit."

It'll certainly judge the hugely expensive , 2 and a half years of pathetic "negotiations" on our behalf.

All concerned should , at the very least , hang their heads in shame, at best, resign.

Devon.
  • Artemis3Artemis3 Posts: 424
    I meant to tell you about our lunch yesterday https://www.whitehorsebrancaster.co.uk/

The sun was shining, the tide was out and the view from our table across the mud flats was stunning ... little boats bobbing in the creeks, loads of gulls, waders and a couple of egrets feeding in the mud and a pair of red kites wheeling in the sky above us, their red feathers glowing in the sun.

OH had the Whipped Goats Cheese with pear which he announced was wonderful and I had the roasted scallops with parsnip fried, pureed and pickled ... to die for.

He then had baked ray wing with grapes and an almond butter sauce, minted new potatoes and buttered purple sprouting broccoli and chiffonade kale. I chose the roast hake with sautéed potatoes, mussels, wild leeks and a butter sauce and broccoli and kale as before. Both were absolutely wonderful. Really really good. Highly recommended thumbsup clap yum Service was spot on too.

We finished with very good macchiato before driving along the coast to Cromer for a teatime ice cream on the pier ..... a great (if slightly delayed) birthday celebration ... we decided not to go at the end of January when my birthday occurred because we knew that once the weather improved the views would be fantastic D

Glad I didn't read this on the day, Dove -spent the whole lot of it tidying up the garage and clearing enough space for a new freezer. 
    It would've made me ENVIOUS! ;)

Soooo glad your belated birthday celebration was magical! :)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,506
    Good morning all  :)

It looks lovely out there  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,264
    Morning peeps 😀

Hope Fidget is well on the way by now - was the diving good? 🐡🐠🐙🐟

Off out to brunch with littlest Chicklet ....that’s a very civilised way to spend a morning 😇. Then going to get out there and garden

Pleased to see our marsh tit is back ....he was absent on bird counting day 🧐
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,382
    Morning all. It's looking nicer today - after a pretty glorious week, yesterday was really dull and overcast. I went and did some volunteer gardening though, and an hour or two in mine, so it was OK. Probably volunteering on dinosaur island again this afternoon.

Congrats to chicklet on the job, and glad t'other chicklet is better too. Enjoy your day, Chicky.

Your belated birthday meal sounds lovely. I spent many a childhood holiday in Brancaster, and really early ones in Scratby.

Have a good day everyone. 
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Zoe P2Zoe P2 Posts: 143
    Artemis3 said:

It would've made me ENVIOUS! ;)

You, Artemis, envious????
    I can't even begin to imagine it!  :) <3

I have a dream that my.. children.. one day.. will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character

Martin Luther King

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,767
    Morning all, afternoon Pat,
    Sunny here as it was promised to be yesterday and wasn't! And yesterday was my gardening day today is cooking and cleaning day, blinking typical!!
    Got sweet pea seeds sown, morning glory and sea holy, had a tidy and the cats frolicked in the garden 😊
    Time for coffee and a read back..

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,506
    Goosegogs pruned and grasses that needed it have been cut back ... the little purple crocuses we planted in the grass last year have appeared overnight  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,794
    Could you not have cooked and cleaned yesterday?

Sunny here and OH is out there on the mower doing the first cut of the year.  Keeping out of my way as I have just spent an hour cleaning up a flood in the bathroom.  Bozo features left the tap on in the basin and it must have been running on full hot for an hour before I needed the loo and found the flood.

I have been very calm and am now sat with a well-earned coffee while the new robot explores upstairs.    Day off the painting today so I can do some patch homework.  Was going to have a long shower and hair wash but, strangely enough, there's no hot water.

I hope you've all got some sun.   Safe journey FB.  Bon appétit Chickies.    Happy gardening everyone or whatever you're doing.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,461
    No diving, just snorkelling and looking at wildlife and geological features.

Just after I last posted, OH said they were calling my name. Ooh, chance of an upgrade. No such luck, they had xrayed my checked bag but couldn't get into it, so I had to go and open it for them. Somewhere along the line with them checking my passport again, my boarding card got mislaid and had to be reprinted. OH was somewhat alarmed to see me being led off by security.  They had apparently been calling my name for 20 minutes. Didn't I speak Spanish? I can just about do Hola.  A garbled message in Ecuadorian accented Spanish made no impression whatsoever.

Finally get on a very full plane. The man in the seat next to me not only overlapped with his elbows, but smelt worse than a colony of sealions.  His breath was bad enough to stop an elephant in its tracks.

Now at Schiphol.  Bags xrayed again as we got off the plane, and again and opened up as we got to the gate.  There seem to be a lot of security men /uniformed police about. Has something happened over the weekend?

Just a flight to Birmingham now.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
This discussion has been closed.