HELLO FORKERS - FEBRUARY 2019

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,279
    edited 15 February
    @Nanny Beach. Go to the top right and click on your avatar or the symbol with three horizontal lines ... you’ll get a series of options ... one of which will be your Inbox ... that’ll take you to your messages etc. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,930
    Good afternoon all.  Lovely sunshine and warmth here after a frosty start.   OH and I have been to do the weekly shop and a raid on the DIY store for clothes rails, curtain rail, paint, brushes..... which, for some reason, he gets stressy and grumpy about.  We've also raided a couple of SMs in a bid to find Spanish and Oz wine as well as the usual fresh veggies and groceries.   Buying wine hardly stresses him at all.   Odd that.

Hope you've enjoyed your lunch Dove.   Good that junior Chicklet is over the worst.  Well done FG - de-cluttering is good for the soul tho can be stressful at the time.  We did some serious clearing in the few months before our move and I reckon we could maybe get rid of some more once this next phase of decorating is done.   Having said that, I've just asked OH to keep all our empty wine bottles henceforth as I can feel another bottle wall coming on or maybe just a couple of seats and a water feature.  We'll call it recycling instead of hoarding.  OK?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,188
    Hope you had a good lunch @Dovefromabove.
    We are off for some eating, bird watching and pier perambulating.

Tomorrow nights menu.
    Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    Woke up again
    To my chagrin
    Getting sick and tired of
    Feeling sick and tired again
    You and Moira too Pdoc.  Enjoy!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,917
    Evening all. 
    That menu looks superb @punkdoc - I notice plenty of botanicals there, including Chrysanthemums! Can’t wait for the review. 
    Speaking of botanicals... a small gin is required after a bonkers day in work - cheers! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,805

I hope you have a great time, punkdoc. But, must admit, green strawberries don't sound very delicious to me!

I child sat for daughter last night, over 2 hours away. Back late morning. Internet still not working. We went to the Wok place for lunch then did the weekly shop. I arrived back from daughter's late morning. No Internet. We went to the Wok place for lunch then did the weekly shop.

On the way back down the drive we met a phone line repair man. He said he'd looked at the line and he agreed with last week's chap that it needs replacing but, owing to new health and safety rules, as the line is in the paddock, therefore on private property, he could not replace it. We would have to employ a man with a digger to dig a 70 metre trench to bury the new line in and it would be expensive. I nearly had a panic attack! He said that we should go to the Orange shop (France Telecom calls itself Orange now) and ask to borrow a thing called an Airbox which gets a signal like a mobile phone. I said we don't have a mobile phone signal. He said we do now they've improved it since I cancelled my subscription. (I have a cheap supermarket mobile phone).

So we've been to the Orange shop and explained the problem. We were told that the repair man was talking rubbish and that someone would come and replace the line without a trench. They lent us an Airbox and it works! Best Internet speed we've ever had. I am thinking of changing back to Orange for my mobile phone, their prices have dropped quite a lot since I last used them. May do it on Monday, couldn't today as OH had forgotten to put my phone back in my handbag.

Dordogne and Norfolk
    That all sounds par for the course BL.  Never hear of an airbox.  I shall mention it to OH as, despite recent digging up of the village for fibre optics, we won't have it for a while - too far out - and service is slow and the mobile signal is seriously weak.

Hope you enjoyed the baby sitting.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,805
    Airbox needs a mobile signal. The Orange signal here must be much better than it used to be and the Airbox is working well for Internet.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 8,165
    Ooooh! Just had a fright. I was cutting lavender in one of the rows when I got too hot and breathless. I asked Hubby to bring the wheelbarrow up to the house for me - he had the brushcutter strimming between the rows while I cut. After a while he came up to the house with the wheelbarrow and said that a large brown snake came out not far from where I had been working.😳😳 It’s no wonder I’m having trouble stopping the sweat pouring out of me now. I’ve still got lots to do down there, but not sure how to get the snake to leave his nice-smelling home. We might try turning sprinklers on the rows, but I need the lavender to be dry, not wet.
    S. E. NSW
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,955
    rather you than me Pat. 
    I'm glad we don't have wildlife here which can kill us.
    Devon.
This discussion has been closed.