Duchess of Cambridge creates magical woodland garden for the Chelsea Flower Show

• And! She doesn’t write “encouraging messages” on bananas 😄😄😄
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,639

I'm with Dove. I don't see why she shouldn't have had quite a bit to do with the design. She's not stupid and it's something that interests her.

Why should people be prejudiced against someone just because they are in the royal family? She wasn't born a royal. The Queen has done her best and worked hard all her life, she was born a royal but I don't envy her, having to do her duty, not always able to choose.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,950
    I'm not against her involvement in any way,certainly not because she's " a royal", but I think  it's all part of " let's get a "celebrity" involved" , irrespective of any talent they may, or may not have. 
    As I've said, I've nothing against her and hope her involvement brings attention to, and benefits the charity involved.
    Devon.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,062

Don’t see why she shouldn’t have had a fair bit of input in it ...
    Apart from all the headlines seem to say "Kate creates..." rather than "Kate helps some expert garden designers create...". I have no problem with it though and I think everyone should have a chance to design their own garden without fear of judgement. Obviously in this case it's designed with judgement as the specific purpose but you know what I mean.

I'd love to see a garden designed by Prince Philip personally  :)
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,424
    Kate strikes me as the sort that doesn't just put her name to something, she seems to take the time to do some research, not just turn up, unveil a plaque and go home. 
  • Artemis3Artemis3 Posts: 422
    Hostafan1 said:
    ... hope her involvement brings attention to, and benefits the charity involved.
    And so say ALL of us!
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,761
    Wild Edges - when did a journalist or editor ever let the truth get in teh way of a headline that would better sell the paper/magazine?  Kate has no control over those and you need to exercise judgement.

As for Philip - he'd need a space big enough for a horse and carriage race track with some fine horticultural obstacles around which to corner on 2 wheels so way too big for Chelsea!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,460
    As I think I’ve said before, the ‘R’ in RHS does rather imply that ‘they’ would have some sort of input ... 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,950
    As I think I’ve said before, the ‘R’ in RHS does rather imply that ‘they’ would have some sort of input ... 😉 
    talent , or none??
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,761
    You'll have to wait an see Hosta.   Plenty of good gardeners in the royals over the centuries - some by birth and some co-opted in by marriage.  Don't knock it just yet.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw