Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Curmudgeons' Corner -blame it on the PITAs

• wild edgeswild edges Posts: 10,497
    Lizzie27 said:
    Can anybody clarify what PITA stands for please?  (I presume it's rude!).
    It's a posh bread roll o:)

If you can keep your head, while those around you are losing theirs, you may not have grasped the seriousness of the situation.
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,474
    Doner what you mean.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • BenCottoBenCotto Posts: 4,712
    That’s another thing that annoys me: British people spelling or pronouncing the word as ass. That’s American. Some folk need a crash course in Ray Allen and Lord Charles.

And has anyone noticed an increased tendency to use anyways rather than anyway? I wonder if it is autocorrected on spellcheckers set to US-English.
    Rutland, England
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012
    What a cheek.  Cutting the curmudgeonliness off in its prime just because it passed 100 pages.  Has anybody else notice that the curmudgeon topics see much more activity than the 'reasons to be cheerful' one.  This site is full of my kind of people. :D
    Private Eye had used 'ass' in a cartoon. I binned it unread in a fit of righteous curmudgeonly pique😠
    Didn't someone start up a newspaper that had only good news ?
    I don't know whether it failed because they ran out of news or if nobody wanted to buy it.
  • Sometimes someone is an ass ... sometimes they’re an ar$e ... some folk excel themselves and manage to be both 🙄 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

And some are just rissoles
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,566
    They're all a pain, anyway.....
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    It’s arse as in grass, unless you come from up north, then it’s ass as in grass😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.