Tillandsia (Spanish Moss) Low Humidity

stewyfizzstewyfizz West BromwichPosts: 152
I've had a couple of clumps of Spanish Moss for a couple of years now. They've grown well and they hang happily outside from Spring to Autumn. I usually overwinter them in the greenhouse (unheated) and they are usually ok. Temps here are predicted down to -2 to -3 tonight so i've put them in the conservatory. However my temp and humidity gauge says only 41% humidity in here. Would this be too low to keep them in here for a while?

Gardening. The cause of, and solution to, all of my problems.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,192
    I would put them  in a bathroom where it is warm and humid.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • stewyfizzstewyfizz West BromwichPosts: 152
    I would but we have no window in there (great house design that!) so i'd be worried they wouldn't get enough light.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,850
    If you search Youtube for Brad's Greenhouse he does a really good  are guide video for spanish moss. Basically though give it a good soaking in rainwater once a week and mist in between and it will be fine. I soak all my air plants for about 2 hours under water each weekend at this time of year and they've been flowering really nicely.
  • stewyfizzstewyfizz West BromwichPosts: 152
    Great, thanks. I'll give them a good soak at the weekend.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,850
    Here's the video I was thinking of  by the way.

• treehugger80treehugger80 Posts: 1,809
    they should be fine for a short time, they do get droughts and hot, dry days where they come from. But best to give them a spray every other day