Potted lemon Plant

I ordered seeds and followed the instructions the seeds and they have not bloomed, i dont know what im doing wrong can anyone help? i ordered these online, soaked them and left them in sand for a month then planted them in soil, they have not even come up

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,215
    Were these from EBay?   I’m afraid they’re sometimes not a reliable source of seeds.
    You can grow little lemon trees from the pips in your lemons that you use in cooking. Just put them in a pot of gritty compost and keep them on your windowsill keeping the soil just damp not too wet. You can also grow oranges and grapefruit.  They’ll usually produce small beautifully scented flowers within a year or two but you’re unlikely to get much in the way of fruit. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ManishapatelhomeManishapatelhome LeicesterPosts: 11
    yes from ebay, i realised that when i saw them!!
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,883
    Sowing pips from shop bought lemons would have been less of a lottery.  I suggest you invest in a pot grown lemon plant which will produce fruit if well cared for. 

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-your-own/fruit/citrus will help with that.

I have a Meyer lemon tree which is, so far, still small and compact but has a dozen fruits this year and more to come as the blossom is already forming.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/details?plantid=437 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,064
    If buying a plant try a lime. They can be grown indoors are almost evergreen and flower all year so fruits available every couple of months not seasonally.😁
  • PhaidraPhaidra Posts: 328
    My lemon tree did very well till it got too heave to bring in for the winter!
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,064
    That's the blessing of a lime. No in out and can be pruned to wanted size. As long as it has light and not allowed to go below 5° with year round feed it just keeps producing.😁
  • ManishapatelhomeManishapatelhome LeicesterPosts: 11
    im keeping mine indoors and see what happens im hoping that something will x
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,539
    im keeping mine indoors and see what happens im hoping that something will x
    You would do better buying a lemon from the supermarket, pop about 3 or 4 pips in a small flower pot, keep damp not wet, they will germinate quite quickly if you keep them indoors in the warm. I’ve got two lovely little plants from pips I sowed in the Spring. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,626
    Don't want to disappoint you manisha, but there's a good chance nothing will grow. Those seeds may not even be seeds   :/

Try Dove and Lyn's advice and just by a couple of fruits from a supermarket and sow the pips. More likely to get success that way  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....