Autumn sown peas

Hi. As suggested by Monty on his last show of the season I sowed some peas into small pots. He said to leave these in a cold frame until spring; assuring us all they would be fine.
Well mine are now all between 15cm and 30cm long and looking very healthy.  Will these really survive in pots until spring or should I transplant them into the garden now and protect them with a cloche all winter?

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,685
    They'll slow down as the cold weather increases. You can pinch out the tips to keep them bushy just now.
    I wouldn't plant them out  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Thanks Fairygirl. Maybe I should have said that I am in the south of Gloucestershire. Almost certainly a little less wintery than where you are. But that is what I will do - pinch them out and wait for spring. Thank again.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,685
    They will slow down eventually, even if it's not too cold for now!  ;)
    I should have asked what size of pots they're in - I was assuming they were small. I'd still keep them where they are until spring though - it would be a bit of a shock for them if they were to go outside now, after being in there since they were sown, and they would struggle, and be more vulnerable to all sorts of pests, diseases and weather. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....