2019 calendar

So pleased the cover pic shows a bee.

what would or could we do without bees?  Forget brexit, bring on the bees!

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,180
    Let's hope brexit leaves us with sufficient protection for bees. Our government and the NFU have been notorious for promoting anti-bee policies. If it wasn't for European laws we would still be using neonicotinoid pesticides liberally and legally.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,602
    Sorry, @seakale but what "calendar" are you talking about?
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,946
    edited November 2018
    The Gardeners World calendar. Readers were asked to choose from 4 photos.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,180
    Papi Jo said:
    Sorry, @seakale but what "calendar" are you talking about?
    The gardener's world magazine december issue arrived today complete with a free calendar, if you could find it amongst all the junk mail they cram into the packaging now...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 50,691
    The first job here is to put the loose stuff straight into recycling ... then make a coffee and sit down to browse ..
    'There's a flower that shall be mine, 'tis the little celandine.' W Wordsworth

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,602
    Thanks, @wild edges and @Busy-Lizzie ! Probably some people on this forum don't realize that there are a number of members (like myself) who do not subscribe to the magazine. ;)
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Mags2Mags2 Posts: 25
    Is it even possible to subscribe to the magazine if you live abroad.  I used to buy it every month but then moved to Slovakia.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,946
    Yes, I live in France. The subscription is a bit more expensive to cover the postage cost.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 15,231
    I used to live in Belgium where there is a sizable British community associated with the EU, NATO and all the international firms with offices and factories there.  That meant I could buy GW each month with all the freebies - seeds usually - for the same mark-up price I initially paid to subscribe to the magazine by post when we moved but was then frustrated not to get the freebies.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw