Forum home The potting shed

Salvaged Greenhouse: 6 x 8

Looked for the Maker's label/plaque but no luck: Can anyone recognise the maker from the Glazing Gasket shape in the extrusion or the grooved Door Wheel Extrusion please: Quite old I think: 70's... 80's maybe.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,671
    Not only grew but didn’t show the you tube link😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 24,651
    was it this one you meant diana?

Devon.
  • Hi All:

Thanks for the posts. Some digging about indicates this is an Edenlite from the 70's.
    The company closed in 1980 where it resurfaced in New Zealand and is still in operation. I found a picture of an 6 x 12 from the 70's (on thier website) that matched mine very closely (with an aluminium apex panel on each end) so I send info and pics to them in NZ for any assistance. However they do not recognise "anything" about its features.

This is pretty much the same answer I get from all of the longer serving brands such as Halls and Eden et al, so will so will have to refurbish it with modern components. As the lower door guide is missing and no upper door wheels are available I will look at mounting it as a hinged door instead. I have seen some models with this feature during my searching and it looks like a good option.

Will come back when I have finished this project with before and after pics just for interest.

Thanks again: Diana 1, Hostafan 1 and Lyn

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 8,959
    @ragreen Maybe you could fashion something from aluminium extrusions?  For example,  this supplier on ebay does all sorts of extrusions cheaply, such as this:

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,671
    Oops! I assumed he wanted rubber strips to go in the metal frame. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thanks BobTheGardener: Good thought re the extrusions. Will review door options at the door assembly stage (after much cleaning and base building with reclaimed 2x4's).
  • Hi Lyn: you are right that my first concern was to locate the correct Glazing Gaskets for that particular extrusion. I have purchased a sample pack of same from the following to see if anything comes close. Otherwise I will use an alternative solution.

Greenhouse Glazing Rubber & Door Weather Seals SAMPLE PACK Try before yo...
    Total: £1.99
    Item ID: 264007127785
    Seller: eileen5149(16,645)
    You can see the general condition I found it in plus the door was on the ground. I will get the "little grey cells" working to find the right solutions for all of the little issues involved.my CAD system