Forum home The potting shed

creating a potting shed from scratch

13»

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951
    Will you also need some heating?
  • My plan is to have an oil heater to use when I am in it - my new work area will be in front of the window and i will plug in the heater to the side of it = in theory :|
  • Thanks everyone for the input - much appreciated.   I now have loads of ideas to work with - I have cleared out the shed and have the Winter to work out the rest of my plans. 
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 4,506
    Unless you section off a part you will need a lot of heating, does it still have up and over garage doors?  No s***e in my garage Fairy, summer chairs and tables, tools, couple of items of furniture, we downsized, a local chap offered indecently small amounts of money, so kept them, and one is going in the spare room, when I (theoretically) get time off from the garden in winter to paint it!
  • Hi all,   I have finished clearing out my old shed and am going to slowly start to organise it.   My next job is to create a raised bed - I have one area that gets very little sun - it only gets it in the morning.   I want to build a raised bed using paving slabs = they are 24'' sq / I plan to set one in cement and the fix another on top with metal rods to stablize them.   The lawn in front I want to remove and plant bee/butterfly friendly plants.   I am hoping for ideas for plants for the raised beds and the new area in front - the plants would have to be ok with little or no sun. 

I would like plants that are perennial, full of colour and hardy if poss.   I know that this is a lot to ask but any help would be very much appreciated.

My first problem is I don't want to loose the daffodils, primroses etc that grow in this area.    I have never moved and stored this type of plant so want I really want to know is how to store these plants till I have the beds ready and then add them back into the planters and beds.   

Thanks a mill in anticipation :):)